The Infamous PIGMINT ART Blog That Is Just So Pigminty FRESH!

my all-encompassing, super-exciting art/photo blog.

(c)2005-2008 Vanissa W. Chan, all rights reserved.

Thursday, September 08, 2005


Things have been hectic, and that's an understatement by far. I am packing my bags tonight and moving over 50% of my belongings to Brooklyn tomorrow. I am trying to sell my car (please click here if you're interested), apply for jobs (in the areas of art, counseling, and restaurants), scrape up money for rent (my largest challenge and headache), organize the rest of my move, send out manuscripts & cover letters to literary agents and publishing houses, and complete a few commissioned pieces and projects...all by the end of this month.

I am basically no different from a live, angry, headless chicken.

HOWEVER....

This is great news. Easy Chair Bookstore is hosting a booksigning for Romance 101 at 7pm on Friday, September 23rd, at their store on N. Main Street. I am thrilled, excited, peeing in my pants, etc. If things work out right, it will be a perfect exit out of Blacksburg, and help me boost my confidence for the anonymous, insignificant, existential feel of New York City.

It will be the reason I don't curl up and die from discouragement when times get tough up there because no one will notice my work.

On that note, I hope all of you Blacksburgian locals can make it out that night, even if you already have my book or don't have the money to buy one (or simply do not want one), just to say goodbye. I would really like that. It would be really nice. I'll even sign body parts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home